Friday, April 23, 2010

White Void

In a previous posting, I mentioned how I had not previously invested in any way into making my apartment a home. However, after realizing that my home should be a reflection of me and it's where I spend the most important time, I'd decided to commit to this project.

I have now officially gotten into the swing of things with the apartment redesign. I've decided to take it one room at a time, only buying what I really love and want to live with for the next couple of years, and piece by piece as that's what my budget allows for. In case you're wondering, the bedroom is the first room to see a change. I hope to be able to show you pictures in a couple of weeks.

Being a renter put some limitations on what I can do. Most notably, painting is an issue. While I want a colorful and vibrant home, I don't want the hassle of painting the walls now and then repainting them when it is time to leave. So, I shall be leaving the walls white!!!!

While appealing to my laziness (don't want to repaint), my thriftiness (don't want to pay for painting), and my impatience (no time investment needed if they are left as is), the idea of leaving the walls white didn't really appeal to my creative passionate side.

Also, I believe wall color greatly affects the mood of the place. I was thinking white walls, no matter what else was done in the rooms, would leave the place feeling too spare and therefore, boring. But I couldn't be further from the truth.

Leaving the walls white can look crisp, glamorous, organized, modern or retro, and serve as the perfect backdrop for accessories and furnishings! Here are a few inspirational rooms with white walls.



Continue ruminating...












No comments: