Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Fling

This past weekend NYC got its first taste of spring and I couldn't have been more excited!!!! In addition to being happy that there was a break in cold weather (it was short-lived as I'm freezing today), it was a totally indulgent weekend for me. Indulgent because instead of doing something productive before playtime, I opted to play all weekend!
 
Friday night: 
In search of sheets at Century 21, I came up empty handed. That was in the home department...In ladies' shoes on the other hand, I scored these babies which I gladly broke out on Saturday...
 Me waiting to get my brows done at Bloomies Sat. afternoon

Saturday:
I had every intention of going to the laundromat and possibly prepping the bedroom for painting, but never happened. I ended up meeting with The Stormy One and heading down to the Meatpacking District where we had a blast.

First, we went over to the Hotel Gansevoort for afternoon cocktails and snacks where we were met by a couple of The Stormy One's friends.
We even ran into a beautiful bride and groom and a random bouquet of airborne balloons.
Then it was off to check out some contemporary/pop art at French artist Mr. Brainwash's "Icons" exhibit. The work is Warhol-inspired and completely crazy!!!! I sooo enjoyed walking through the gallery space.
Healthcare Hero!
After my eyes had been visually stimulated, it was time to tempt my tummy with some grub from The Standard Grill, a restaurant of the Standard Hotel. I ordered the Organic Berkshire Pork Chop with Crispy Brussels Sprouts, Shallots, and Bacon (yummy tummy oh yeah). The Stormy One had the Creekstone Farm New York Strip with Crispy Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Aioli (she seemed to be pleased te he he).
With our hungry satiated, we headed uptown to meet up with Miss Scorsese at Cafe Lalo for dessert. We laughed while The Stormy caused trouble for the clearly flustered waitress.
Per usual, Cafe Lalo had a packed house
Sunday:
After church, Chi-Town Stepper and I made the now traditional Sunday stop at Tonnie's in Harlem for cupcakes. But this time, not for myself (Ok I bought and ate 2 before making it down the block). The main purpose of my stop was to pick up a couple of cupcakes for a friend's bday.

The 3 of us headed to the Upper Westside to check out "Our Family Wedding" (trust me, you can wait until the dvd comes out) and then grabbed burgers (turkey w/ mushrooms for me, beef for them) at a spot on Columbus Ave.
And that my friends, was my weekend void of anything remotely responsible in terms of productivity. But I welcomed in spring with open arms!!!!!

4 comments:

Dana Storm said...

I had a blast and am ready to do it all over again . . . .

Tracey L. said...

Owa Owa!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the shoes! The food on the table was calling me but it is nice to know you a fab weekend.

Setta B. said...

Yes! I love the sandals. I'm looking for cute flat ones since I can't wear heels yet.