Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blogiversary

Do you know what today is? It's my blogiversary...(sung in the tune of Tony!Toni!Tone!'s "Anniversary"). I'm pretty excited about this!!! I actually counted down the days this week until I could make this post!


Exactly a year ago today and around this exact time, I began the journey of blogging. It started out simply as a way to get me more focused on the continual act of writing. For someone who had dreamed for years of being a writer, I wasn't getting much writing done. It's been an interesting experience to say the least.

While I value simply being able to have an outlet for my thoughts, I also write to share those thoughts with others. I've long felt I could communicate better through my writing than with verbalizing my interests, concerns, annoyances, etc.

I'm thankful for the people who have continued to follow me throughout the year, the comments left by readers, and even the admonishments when I wasn't updating often enough (F. Beans, Favorite Person, Chi-Town Stepper, and Bronx Bomber are counted as my most vocal admonishers).

Although it started out as simply a creative outlet, it has grown into something more. Since the inception of this blog, I have fully realized my purpose in life and how to better use my gifts, talents, abilities, and resources in bringing that purpose to reality. As those who know me personally can attest, I am now a life coach!! And this blog now serves as a means for me to allow visitors and potential clients to see my personal spiritual process, struggles, and achievements, as well as the things and people I care about most.

It's not easy to put yourself out there and be completely transparent (even a seemingly simple entry is revealing something personal about me) because you never know how people will receive you. I don't know from one entry to the next if someone thought it was complete crap or if they sincerely enjoyed it. I believe this blog to be the most vulnerable form of expression I've exhibited in my life thus far. I'm extremely transparent and vulnerable with the people closest to me but this is different.

Different because as long as I can remember, I've felt misunderstood by most, accepted by a small few, and my biggest desire was to validate that I had been endowed with some form of talent. This blog forces me to come to terms with all of that. In fact, I get emotional writing about it now.

On a lighter note, I enjoy and feel fortunate to have someplace to release steam, share laughs, shake my head at the world, and wait expectantly for what's ahead. Over the next year, there will be more changes to the layout and content. I hope you'll continue to join me on this journey.

This has been stuck in my head all afternoon. There's actually a rather humorous story about this song and why I'm only now able as an adult to listen to it since I was semi-scarred by it in high school SMH! LOL!


5 comments:

Shumeca said...

What a big deal! Congratulations Trace!!! Looking forward to more!

F(dot) said...

awwe, congratulations T! I remember a post when u said you were thinking of throwing in the towel...very glad you didn't :)

Jeanique said...

It's your blogiversary, blogiversary,
It's your blogiversareeeeeee,
It's your blogiversary, Yeah.

Congrats Trace!

Nicole L said...

Congrats! Time flies! (and yes, i'm maaad late reading this, but better late than never :p)

Steve said...

Congrats! On your one year anniversary. Keep up the good work.