Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Silver Fox Makes History

Today is the 65th birthday for The Silver Fox. This is awesome. I'm so excited!!!! He's excited!!! We're all excited!!!! It's great when God gives you another year, but this is especially memorable and noteworthy because my grandfather and my dad's older brothers all passed away before reaching the age of 65. He was nervous he wouldn't see it. With heart disease being something that had done a large portion of the male members of his family in, The Silver Fox is an anomaly around this family tree. Even his younger brothers have had strokes or heart attacks. He hasn't had either!!

I love my dad and I tell him every time I talk to him. But today I told him I was proud of him. He has flaws like everyone else, but he's always there when I need him. Here's to 65 more years (I like to shoot for the stars) Daddy!!!!!!!! And yes, he's been silver since I was born:-)

Shopping in Service Merchandise

Backyard with my Favorite Person

Dancing in the man room with my Childhood Loan Officer
Note: They both think they shine on the dance floor ;-0

Dropping me off in Houston, TX for a summer internship at Six Flags


Family vacation at Universal Stuidos

Wedding of a family friend. I forgot what role the Favorite Person played as that would explain the dress Oh! Crochet braids and Shirley Temple spirals. God bless the '90s.

4 comments:

Setta B. said...

I was going to join in on the birthday wishes but got distracted by the oh-so long Shirley Temple curls. Oh my!

Setta B. said...

Wait!!! I just re-read this. I meant to comment on the crochet braids cascading down your shoulders cuz I love me some Shirley Temple curls. Even today! In fact, I may get my hair rodded so I can have some in the next month or so. I've been looking for a style to try. Thanks!

Tracey L. said...

Girl I wore those crochet braids for almost a year it seems! SMH!!! A friend's mom used to do them for me. You know I can't stand combing my hair. Never have and don't foresee a time I ever will.

Shumeca said...

My favorite picture is the third one! Your dad looks like he is cutting a serious jig in that picture! Go Mr. Louis! Go! Go! Go!