Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weekend Excursion: 7 Train Pt. 1

Yeah yeah, I know it's Valentine's weekend and most folks are posting about romantic plans and cute gifts, but that's not what I'm blogging about this weekend. As I am one of millions of single women without a beau to celebrate the weekend with, it doesn't mean that my weekends have to be sad and bland. While it would be nice to have a fella of interest in my life right now, I refuse to allow myself to sit and collect dust until he comes. Instead, I'll enjoy the company of good girlfriends and spend time doing things that I enjoy. It all makes me a more interesting catch anyway.

One of my goals for 2010 is to explore more of the local area. Many Manhattanites tend to resist the thought that there is life outside of this tiny island. And as such, rarely venture out of it to explore the other boroughs, unless accidentally or coerced. The New York metropolitan area actually has lots to offer with many diverse and culturally rich neighborhoods and towns. Last month, the Tiny Tyrant and I decided to explore Queens by way of the 7 train.

Check out the slideshow to learn more about our travels.



If you can't see the captions, click on the quotations symbol on the bottom of the slideshow. Or, you can doubleclick the slide show to just go straight to the album and view it that way.

3 comments:

Shumeca said...

This excursion got interesting at the point when I saw the pic of you and the TT with two random boys. The tasty looking dishes and the vibrant colored Indian apparel were kinda interesting. :-)

Unknown said...

wait....were the two random boys the tasty looking dishes? heheh...that was my dirty old man laugh with fully extended. ;oP

Steve said...

Ruminating in my Boro. Thanks for enlightening the folks. Most People do not know that Queens is the most diverse community on Planet Earth. Forty-six percent of the population is foreign born and over 138 languages are spoken throughout the borough.